Here’s what one of Bobby Hood’s recent MCAT online tutoring students had to say:
“I just wanted to email you and thank you! I recently received my score for the MCAT [taken in May 2016]. I am very happy to say that I received a 519, or 98th percentile. I am also very thankful because I received a 131 on the CARS section. I started out doing fairly well on CARS, but with your teaching and methods I was able to improve more. Thanks again for your help.” — Katrina
Click above to read many similar success stories from Bobby’s students — perhaps you could be on this list too!
Bobby Hood is an online tutor for the MCAT. He focuses on critical thinking and a mindful approach to the MCAT that will help you move to your highest potential score on the CARS (Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills) section of the MCAT.
Bobby Hood began tutoring in 2011, and quickly became one of the nation’s most sought-after MCAT CARS tutors. Bobby tutors students all over the nation for the MCAT through his personal online tutoring classroom. Bobby has a great history of success in improving students’ scores on the MCAT — perhaps you could be on this list too!
Bobby is affiliated with Noodle Pros, an exclusive group of experienced, professional tutors who work in all tests and subjects, from Pre-K to Graduate School. So, students who work with Bobby also have access to a network of tutors, each of whom brings decades of experience, powerful expert resources, and personalized client support to each tutoring relationship, ensuring a worry-free tutoring experience and the best learning outcomes. You can view his tutoring profile on the Noodle Pros site here.
HOW SHOULD YOU PREPARE FOR MEDICAL SCHOOL?
- Do you need to be a pre-med major to go to medical school? Not at all. You’ll need to take certain courses (Organic Chemistry, ahem) in order to be prepared for the MCAT, but many liberal arts majors or other non-science majors go on to success in medical school.
- When should I prepare for the MCAT? Many students don’t realize that you need to sign up for the MCAT almost as soon as the testing date opens for registration — usually about five months or more ahead of the testing period — and therefore end up having to skip the test date entirely, or choose to take the MCAT in a far-away city where spots are still open. This makes sense, though, since you will likely need those six months to prepare for the test, regardless.
- Take a practice MCAT and see where you stand.
- Research medical schools to see how your GPA and potential MCAT score will stack up in the admissions process.
- Enroll in MCAT tutoring to get you to the score you need to open the doors to the schools you want. If you are interested in enrolling in tutoring, contact Bobby Hood using the form at the bottom of this page.
WHY IS ONLINE TUTORING BETTER THAN IN-PERSON TUTORING?
I have found that for almost all of my students (even those who live near me), online tutoring is significantly superior to face-to-face tutoring. In an online classroom, you and I talk to each other, but instead of looking at each other, we work through questions displayed on a shared whiteboard. We work the questions together and I make notes about the strategies you should use. At the end of the session, you save all the slides as a PDF file for later review.
When I used to do a significant amount of face-to-face tutoring, I realized that in person, students have to divide their attention between discussing and working the questions, listening to what I’m saying, and taking notes on what I’m saying. In online tutoring, you can focus directly on understanding and working the questions, knowing that the notes and strategies will all be saved as a PDF file for later review. It’s more efficient, and provides a better value for the money spent on tutoring.
Bobby Hood is available for one-on-one online private MCAT CARS tutoring for students nationwide. For more information about enrolling in MCAT CARS tutoring, click the button above and fill out the contact form. Bobby will get in touch with you personally as soon he can!